Care for a little trend spotting first thing on a Monday Morning? I’m noticing (what I’ll call) ‘deconstructed florals’ all over the place.
Here is an example:
To me it’s the floral mash-up of vertical gardening, meadow-like and wild landscaping and just plain (wonderful) messiness.
Elements of the trend seem include (but are not exclusively):
- wild and delicate flowers
- test tubes and other little found vases
- multiples (of everything)
- groupings of one kind of plant or flower
- stuff put on walls (and generally hanging) – usually in single stems – tape and hanging materials add to the design
- dismantling flowers to make new textures
- leaves and non-flower materials taking center stage
- and order that comes from arranging lots of containers or stems individually rather than composing flowers together into a single container.
Here are whole bunch of images to show you what I’m talking about. Have you noticed this trend?
images from ruffled blog, design front, bhldn, design sponge .