It’s finally here. I feel like a new mother with a scheduled c-section planned for later this afternoon. It’s been many months and now I just gotta get this thing out…but what about tomorrow — what will that be like?
It’s 5:15 am (I’ve been up since 4:30) I am trying to quell my simultaneous fear and excitement with coffee. No matter what happens afterwards, it’s going to be a big day, today.
So here is how it’s going to go down — I hope you can join me along the way –
1) I need to go finish about 50 little things on the magazine and other details of launching a website and a PR campaign all at the same time.
2) At about 3:00pm today we should be all done and ready to go — that’s when you all come in. Stop by the leaf mag website, have a first look at the magazine.
3) At 6:00 join us on twitter (@leafmag) to tell us what you think and help us celebrate.
4) You go curl up with the magazine and really enjoy it.
5) Tomorrow, come back here and we will start to chat just like we used too before the magazine took over — I plan to take off at least one week before working on issue # 2 to get things a little back to normal. 😉
I spent the weekend outside….the upside, my garden has a beautiful new split rail fence surrounding it….the downside….my face (specifically my chin and neck), arms, legs, scalp and even my back (biting through my shirt) are covered with the itchiest swollen welts you have ever seen. I am a bug magnet — I take it…
Moonrise Kingdom’s trailer is such a ridiculous visual feast of a style that I simply adore. And so much of it makes me long for summer garden days. I am watching it over and over because it sparks ideas literally every single second. I wish I had a full set of stills to study. Oh…
There are two songs that I have been playing over and over this winter. One is by Andy Grammer and the other is by Ben Howard. The refrain from both songs is “Keep Your Head Up!” It has worked wonderfully until last week. I have been loving this winter with all of its snow and…