8/10/2009

The Perfect Writer/ Garden Designer Office

This is an exciting option for some extra room in your home, particularly if the budget is tight and you need some work space.   Designed by Burd Haward Architects, this self assembled, pre-prefabricated kit is available for £5,000 (about $7500). I really like the corner window that you face as you you sit at the desk.   You  can choose what type of planting to grow over the external mesh to camouflage the recessed ply walls and roof.

garden shed office with mesh for plants

prefabricated self assembled garden shed office

prefabricated self assembled garden shed office

prefabricated self assembled garden shed office

prefabricated self assembled garden shed office

What would you grow on the building? I think I would do a trumpet vine like this…..

trumpet vine growing over bench

image by Tobyotter

or perhaps Hops would be interesting…maybe I could sell my crop at the local farmers market.

climbing hops

image by Green Wellies

Or perhaps stick with a classic clematis…..  What would you grow on your shed?

clematis climber and window pots

image by Evergreengirl

• 1
  1. Katie Stephenson

August 10th, 2009 at 11:18 pm

One word: wow!

2. Susan aka Miss R.

August 11th, 2009 at 7:43 am

Me likey! I’d grow ideas in the shed…

3. louise garwood

August 13th, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I Love the invisiblity of the structure- definitely would put the hops and akebia and clematis ternifolia for fall poofy blooms.

4. Emma Day

August 20th, 2009 at 3:07 am

I grew up with a Jade Vine (Strongylodon macrobotrys) hanging over an old pergola outside the back door – extraordinarily beautiful. One day I’ll have one in my garden. South Africa

5. R Reavley

September 29th, 2009 at 2:02 am

I am about to create a garden studio, so that I can move into it, to design my jewellery. I currently have one in the house, but will turn that into a bedroom. This has given me ideas for a hidden hideaway studio/meditation hut , so that I can design and create!!!!!!! This is so wonderful, love the sky light. Thank you

September 30th, 2009 at 5:10 pm

oh- I would love to see what you ultimately come up with for your workspace — please send pictures!!