9/11/2017

Container Gardening Recipe: Wild Indian Summer

I was inspired to create this container garden by the late season and the rich colors of fall. But the warmth of summer is still hanging on – for now. This garden pot appeals to the side of me that wants things a little wild – while also maintaining a certain sense of stylish decorum.

Container plant recipe for a beautiful Arrangement inspired by a Wild Indian Summer

The plants in this recipe:

• (1) Coreopsis ‘Cosmic Evolution’
  • (1) Pennisetum Setaceum ‘Rubrum’
  • (1) Thymus vulgaris ‘Hi Ho Silver’
  • (1) Carex comans ‘Frosted Curls’
  • (1) Coreopsis ‘Jive’
  • (1) Calibrachoa ‘Dreamsicle’

I found all the plants locally, but here is where you can find the plants online:

See more Container Gardening Recipes:

• 1
  1. Steven

November 22nd, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I’ve never done any container gardening like this before, but I’m suddenly finding myself obsessed with all the cool recipes on your site. I don’t trust my own design sense, but now that I have some guidance, I’m definitely going to try to find some space in my apartment for a few little containers.

2. Rochelle

November 23rd, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Steven – I am so glad I could inspire you!

3. James

July 18th, 2018 at 3:28 am

So nice, so colorful!!
    Thanks for sharing this great idea can´t wait to do it at home Its beautiful, I always do outdoors gardening but never try container gardening so this will be my first shot =)

4. Sonia

October 5th, 2018 at 1:04 pm

A very nice and earthy arrangement. Great for a rustic chic type of setting. Love how the Calibrachoa ‘Dreamsicle’ brightens it up.

5. Charles Hover

January 9th, 2019 at 5:09 am

It is nice. Thanks for sharing this great ideas.

6. Eleanor Veronica

May 3rd, 2019 at 2:44 am

Finally, I get information which I found from last 3 weeks. Very useful and easy post to understand. Nice concept and informative. It’s really helps me.

7. Edwin Moore

May 7th, 2019 at 8:55 am

Exactly on the point. Yeah, you’ve included almost everything that I was confused about when it comes to container gardening. I’d like to thank you for sharing such and highly reliable and most needed information about container gardening buddy.