Without Wasting Your Time & Money On The Wrong Plants
Create your own beautiful garden!
Garden designer, writer, entrepreneur, TV host and creator of the award winning publication PITH + VIGOR.
I've been making gardens my whole life - professionally for over 18 years. But it wasn't until I'd been practicing design for many years that I evolved repeatable strategies that make it much easier to get it right every time. And that is what I will teach you.
• Identify what a plant needs just by looking at it - even if you don't know what it is.
• The basics of the secret language of plants (Botanical Latin) and how to use it to your advantage.
• Read the characteristics of your land and understand what will work and what won't.
• Discover and define your own design style.
• Analyze and pick perfect plants for you and your specific conditions.
• Successfully pair plants to achieve your aesthetic as well as a healthy thriving garden.
• Draw up a scaled plan of your planting areas so you know exactly what you need, where it will go and how many plants to buy.
• Navigate the nursery. Purchase plants and shop like a pro.
• Utilize the same design principles used by the pros.
• Install your plants so they thrive and achieve your vision.
That’s right, you can retake the course as many times as you’d like for FREE. Gardens are enduring (and I hate saying goodbye), so likewise - being part of the P+V Boot Camp Community is a FOREVER thing. You will have access to all lessons, past and future live Q&A sessions and the forum for as long as the program is in existence.
THIS IS A VERY INTERACTIVE COURSE!
Every spring and fall (starting in March and October) there will be weekly live Q&A sessions (8 sessions per year) and the community comes together to intensively swap ideas, share their projects and help each other out.
During these times, there will be many opportunities to ask me your questions (literally, it is like hiring a designer without actually hiring a designer - except, yeah, I am professional designer...).
No previous design or gardening experience is required, however in order to fully participate in the homework you must have a real life garden that you will be designing.
So yes, THERE IS HOMEWORK. Of course there is (seriously, you must get your hands dirty to make a garden).
The homework will get you practicing what you are learning and designing your own garden. Most students say that one of the best things about boot camp is sharing their homework in the forums and seeing the plans and ideas of fellow students. It is not only inspiring and motivating, but it helps us connect with each other and it allows me to give you the expert advice you need for your specific project.
And also, who doesn't like to snoop on other people's gardens?
Fellow students could literally be your neighbors, but they might also be on the other side of the world. Either way, you will have many opportunities to meet, make friends, and learn from each other.
• Graph paper - I recommend 11" x 17" or A3 paper.
• A simple circle template and a drawing triangle - These are optional - but very useful.
• Pencils and a camera (your phone camera is perfect).
• You will need to create a free account on a 3rd party app. Details will be sent after registration.
Garden Design Boot Camp teaches you how to establish a Master Plan for your garden. For example, where do all the things go? (paths, patios, play areas, party areas, pools, sheds, coops, specialty gardens, etc) And how do they work together?
Generally this is about the overall design. You will learn how to start, and how to make sure everything has a place and works together cohesively. This class is perfect if you have a blank slate or a garden that needs an overhaul or complete re-think.
After the Garden Design Boot Camp you will likely find that you want to follow-up with Planting Design Boot Camp.
In this course, we take the next step in the design process and you learn how to create stunning individual planting schemes that will not only empower you to shop the nursery like a boss, but will make your garden the prettiest and most successful on the block.
If you don't love it, there is a 7-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee. If you want to cancel your purchase of the course(s) for any reason, you are free to do that with a full refund up until 7 days after you have started the course. No refunds will be given after 7 days.
Sign me up