Inspired by gardening, art, design, regional food and meaningful travel, PITH+VIGOR is a publishing project that encourages readers (and me!) to follow our curiosity, cultivate our creativity, and lead a beautiful life through connections with our community, nature, and the environment.
PITH + VIGOR (formerly Studio 'g') became a reality in the fall of 2014. The project kicked off with a successful Indiegogo campaign to produce six print publications. With the support of readers, the campaign substantially exceeded the fundraising goal. I'm Rochelle Greayer, and I created PITH + VIGOR - If you are interested in working with me, please get in touch.
Back issues of print versions are available in The Webshop.
This is a showcase of my thoughts and ideas as well as those of many contributors.
This online platform is a springboard for creative collaborations, events and classes. If you are interested in working together, email me.
If you are interested in contributing, check out the submissions page to learn about current and future themes and writing prompts.
Every story here aims to instill and inspire a cultural identity into the practice of gardening, caring for the land, and cultivating beauty.
THE PITH + VIGOR MANIFESTO:
- Talk with interesting people - gardeners, land stewards, artists, entrepreneurs, travelers, chefs and anyone who strikes my fancy; share their stories.
- Inspire planting design. Encourage bio-diversity by featuring interesting and lesser known plants.
- Celebrate local artisans, designers, creatives, and writers from around the world.
- Teach garden design. But most importantly, how to create gardens that reflect our own passions.
- Connect readers with growers, makers, builders and each other.
- Foster regional pride in local landscapes and the food and floral artistry that they generate.
- Explore the world and cross-pollinate ideas.
- Discuss trends, current events, news and issues of the day.
- Challenge, entertain and re-imagine garden writing.
- Expand our collective creativity.
- Support small businesses and in particular the entrepreneurial success of women.
- Feed my own creative curiousity (currently in map making, photography, drawing, interviewing, graphic design, humor and novel writing, and collage).
- Generally, make the world a better place.