PITH + VIGOR IS ABOUT DIGGING DEEPER INTO GARDENING AND ALL THE PEOPLE AND PLACES AND THINGS THAT MAKE IT FASCINATING.
It is about bringing together communities and building something big and interesting, and important.
We aim to tell stories that go way beyond the how-to and instead instill and inspire a romance and charm and cultural identity back into the practice of working the land and cultivating beauty –we believe it is something that we all kind of yearn for.
- Celebrate native plants and regional landscapes.
- Talk with real gardeners; share their stories and their been-there-done-that insights.
- Inspire planting design. Encourage bio-diversity by featuring interesting and lesser known plants.
- Celebrate local garden artisans and designers and help them find an audience.
- Teach how to create gardens of varying sorts.
- Connect readers with growers, makers, builders and each other.
- Instill a sense of regional pride in local landscapes, horticultural prowess, and the art of garden design.
- Discuss trends, current events, and issues of the day (that relate to gardeners).
- To challenge, entertain and re-imagine garden writing.
We print on newspaper because of its ephemeral qualities. When the reading is done, it is easily recycled, and transformed into something new.
ROCHELLE GREAYER – AUTHOR, LANDSCAPE DESIGNER, SUPER MOM WANNABE, FARMERS’ MARKET MANAGERESS, & FOUNDER/ EDITOR OF PITH + VIGOR
- Mach 1.2 in the back seat of an F-14
- Launching Russia’s first commercial satellite
- Planting a giant Sequoia tree
- Actually writing and publishing that book (see the results in the shop!)
- Kickstarting a very cool garden newspaper (right here!)
Love ‘Truck Songs’ – a super special mix tape heard only in my flare side Ford pick-up while on plant buying and flea market adventures. Will forever relish the day I was mistaken for Gwyneth Paltrow. I know that there is nothing better than Colorado roots, Montana blood and a rancher’s sensibility. If it is in the plant kingdom and its chartreuse, or grassy, or both – I want it. Can’t own enough pairs of Seven jeans. Thinks Rhinestone Cowboy and Grease were two of the best things about the 70s. Wears Sambas to garden and Hunters only when the mud is deep. Endless wanderlust will forever keep me in good supply of cocktail stories.
Past lives include stints as a Physicist Rocket Scientist, Pizza Maker, and Literary Agent Assistant