3/05/2012

Daily Garden: Pallets for A Community Wall Garden

I love this quick project (using free pallets and a little stain!) that transformed an ugly industrial wall….

Inspired by this garden by Stacy K Floral:

colorful palette wall garden

and this garden By Fern at Life on the Balcony :

life on the balcony pallet garden

David Walrod  of Urban Dirt, created this garden:

wall garden by david walrod and jan at two women and a hoe

palette garden

Charming right?  And that wall looks so much better now don’t you think?

This garden was real a community effort…After the property owner initially contacted Jan at  Two Women and a Hoe (who BTW is in Michigan)  — she reached out to the Urban Dirt Team who came through with the design, labor, and materials (which were ultimately donated by  David Walrod of the Urban Dirt Show, and The California Cactus Center). (oh the magic of the internet to make a project happen!!)

See more in the Gallery  Below.

wall IMG_5805

unless noted, images from Jeremy Romero.
  1. karen

March 5th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I qouldlove to do this but cant fugure out how to keep the dirt in. any suggestions

2. Jan @TWOwomenANDaHOE

March 5th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Urban Dirt made one very special lady’s dream come true! They ROCK!

May all your gardens grow,
    Jan

3. Rachel Mathews

March 6th, 2012 at 7:14 am

Oh wow they are really effective – I would never have thought to do that in a million years! Thanks for sharing it :o)

4. Rachel mcnamara

March 6th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

They’re lovely, but how well do they withstand heat? I’d be nervous to put them in much sun

5. Katrinka Guyton

April 20th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love this….I have some pallets, and was going to throw them away. Not now I’m going to do this. Thanks for sharing this. 🙂

6. trudy risley

April 23rd, 2012 at 9:26 pm

i would like more info & instructions on your pallet gardens & flower pot people. both are amazing !!

7. Kay Heyduk

April 27th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Love Love Love, good to see something made into what we think is garbage!!! Awesome looking for a large wall, backyard not quite sure?!