5/20/2009

The Landscape Art of Eudald Alabau

I happened across the photo stream of Eudald Alabau on Flickr and found myself lost in his artistic world. While much of the commentary for his website is in Spanish, I am able to pick up a few things on the fllickr images. Eudald Alabau is artist that works a lot with grains. This installation is on a bridge over the nearby River Ter.

hanging plantings over the river ter alabau artist landscape
river ter landscape art installation alabau

This piece is symbolic of wheat walking — to all the places in the world that need food.

Wheat walking landscape art by alabau

Constructed of cut up, recycled doors, these sculptures highlight the overabundance of high rise structures and need for them to be more green. (At least that is the message I think it meant…I hope I am not putting words into his mouth)

door sculpture for the garden too many high rise buildings

This little collection of pictures makes me feel celebratory of the artists life. I reminds me to do things for the sake of doing them. Eudald Alabau’s daughter wearing a necklace of grains. Eudald Alabau with a root mask of his own face, and a sculptural composition created after mowing the grass from clippings smashed into the cat’s water bowl…I am not sure what the cat must think of this, but I think it is a wonderful way to live.

grain necklace
chia mask grain art grass art cat what to do with your grass clippings

1. Tricia - Avolli

May 20th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Really beautiful landscape art. I’ve never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing.

Tricia – Avolli

2. Ann Marie

May 21st, 2009 at 8:16 am

you find the most interesting things!

3. EUDALD ALABAU SELVA

May 23rd, 2009 at 9:15 am

I’m the autor of this works. Thank you very much for your comments and for the difusion posting my experiences.Greetings, Eudald

May 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 am

Eudald – so glad you found this post – I was going to email you, but hadn’t had the chance. I love your work!!

5. EUDALD ALABAU SELVA

May 23rd, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Hello Rochelle: nice to meet you. Now I have also your E-mail, because someone has give it to me.
    J’ai parle aussi francais. Je suis enchanté de que mon travail vous plait. Dans les derniers huit mois, et grace a Internet, mes experiences artistiques traverssent les frontieres et arrivent trés loin. Grace au Flickr, j’ai travaille avec d’autres artistes de Land art. Chaque mois, on propose un téme. Je doit proposer un motive au mois de juillet. Alors, aurevoire.
    On dit: adeu en català. Eudald

6. EUDALD ALABAU SELVA

March 21st, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Hello Rochelle:
    Je vous envoie les derniers activitées de Land art dans les pages de Flickr pour si vous trouvez quelque chose interessant. Les fotos dedans des differents albums. Aurevoire. Eudald