3/26/2010

My Treehouse Inspiration

treehouse inspiration

I found it!! ….This is the inspiration shot that is helping me get my head around the upgrades we plan to make to our tree house this year.   Until I saw this, I didn’t realize how much ‘foundation’ plantings could add to a tree house — a place with no true foundation.  Also, in the spirit of cost effective and simple solutions, I love that this house really doesn’t have walls — just bamboo shades and breezy curtains that can be brought in for the winter.   We are discussing our roof architecture but I am so excited that we all agree that this is just what we want and that is a huge achievement for this family of four with widely differing opinions.

• 1
  1. fresh365

March 26th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

This is so amazing- I want one in my backyard!

2. Susan in DC

May 7th, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I love this treehouse! Do you have the original source?
    Thanks for this and all your other wonderful pictures and inspirations!

May 8th, 2011 at 9:57 am

Susan – unfortunately I don’t –its all over the interenet, but I haven’t been able to find the origin.

4. Gang and The Wool

September 17th, 2011 at 9:30 am

Me encanta!!quiero una igual para mi casa!!!

5. Chrisa

January 20th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

How can I build one?

6. Judy in Wolcott

January 25th, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Rochelle, where on the internet have you seen this? I have searched and have not come across it anywhere?

January 25th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Judy — I wish I knew where it came from (so odd that I didn’t credit the source, I don’t usually do that) but I have seen it all over the blogs. If I can come up with the source, I will share though.
    R

8. Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl

May 26th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Definitely want a treehouse. this is nice.

9. CottonCandi

June 26th, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I know this is quite an old post now, but the original source was so easy to find, that I felt obliged to post it here. Here’s the link: https://josephhillenmeyerandassoc.wordpress.com/tag/outdoor-structures/ Here’s the ‘secret’ to finding an original source (it works almost all the time). Right-click the photo and click on “Save As”. It will try to save the photo with it’s original name. In this case, the original name is “outdoor-structure-1009.jpg”. Then, just Google that name. Oila! It came up in the Google search. On this particular photo, I didn’t even have to right-click on it…I just hovered over it and the original photo name showed up on my screen. You’re welcome! 🙂

10. The Editor

June 27th, 2015 at 11:20 am

Hi CottonCandi –

I really appreciate your note and tips….but the source you list is not correct – while this picture is posted at the link you mention, it is not Joseph’s image or project – this image is posted in many many places online. You are right, there are ways to find the original of this – and I’ve tried them all – so far to no avail – but if I turn it up successfully I will certianly post it here. Best – Rochelle

11. Karen Desborough-Story

March 24th, 2019 at 3:53 pm

I know it’s many years on from your original post, but do you have photo’s of your interpretation of the photo.

12. About Rochelle Greayer

March 25th, 2019 at 11:59 am

check out this post: https://pithandvigor.com/garden/shop-garden-products/treehouses/the-treehouse-2/