Hello friends, I am signing off for the weekend but in my ever unsettled quest to become more organized and intentional, I am giving a new regular post a kick off. Weekend things is my Friday afternoon (or evening) repository of good stuff for the weekend. I hope you enjoy it and I hope I can manage to keep it going. 😉
I hope you have a lovely weekend planned. Mine is going to be quite low key and for that I am happy. I’m even excited that it is going to rain for much of the day tomorrow — I spread grass seed today in the areas of the lawn that were dug up with our recent stump removal. Lets hope for some good germination.
If you have some time this holiday weekend to sneak away and do some internet exploring, here are a few things I’d like to share:
- – Roll out the Rain Barrels
- – Thyme for green waterfalls
- – 10 tables and 10 chairs. Mix and match to your heart’s content.
- -Are you part of nature? No? Maybe you need a Horticultural Intervention.
- – I love these — at least partially because they look like these.
Also, did you check out my Gardenist column at Apartment Therapy? — It’s about perennial container gardens and a great book.
And here’s a quick run-down of this weeks highlights:
- Inspired By: The Circus and Casa & Campo
- Seasonal Songs: Cool Patio Party
- Before & After: Alicia’s Courtyard and Emma’s Garden Table
- Garden Gallery: London Calling
- Garden Chalkboards
- Garden Grub: Spring Pea & Ricotta Dip
- DIY: Making an Outdoor Shower and also Ikea’s ideas for an Earthy Easter
- Garden Destinations: Marqueyssac Gardens
- And finally, make sure to check out the super helpful advice and instructions in the comments of Vinegar, Salt, and a Weed Kill Makeover.
Oh- and if that Old Fashioned Sweet Violet Syrup is catching your eye too, you can learn how to make it at Food.com.