12/07/2012

Water Mirror

water mirror garden www.pithandvigor.com
Do you ever want to just feel like a princess?  When I have those princessy feelings I generally want people (kids) to simply stop talking to me so I can sit quietly with my thoughts….but I get that when others have that feeling they might want spa treatments, or tiaras, or  ginormous dresses…

Circular_Stones_0232
I immediately thought of princesses when I saw these pictures.  Specifically, fairy-tale  princesses (can you tell that we are hooked on Once Upon a Time?) who needed to gaze upon magical ponds to see how pretty they are.

I kind of like the idea of a small but simple mirror pool.  It think it would suit artists’ or photographers’ gardens for people who might want to reflect on and study the changing light. Or perhaps a spa-like garden….or a meditative space.

Does this appeal to your inner princess?  Or maybe it just appeals?

Related Post:

images from cattisocheira

• 1
  • 35
    Shares
  1. Jared

December 7th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

well…not my inner princess….but this is a very neat idea. Thanks.
    how do you keep the critters out??

December 9th, 2012 at 7:10 am

not sure if you can keep critters out…or leaves for that matter…would certainly require a little maintaining. It seems it would be lovely to let it also be a rain catch — so sometimes perhaps it could be empty…and the fill occasionally — think this would help with cleaning.

3. redbrickbuilding

December 9th, 2012 at 2:34 am

This absolutely appeals to me. I’ve been planning to install a shallow reflecting pool in the spring. I love the gravel edging on this one: it makes the frame more substantial and more detailed. I’m not usually a fan of gravel in the garden (I’m all about bare feet) but I might steal this idea since here it wouldn’t be walked on.

4. Dianne

October 15th, 2015 at 2:16 pm

i like this a lot. I’m wondering about keeping it clean as well. I have a birdbath that birds get very dirty almost every day an I have to clean it. And a fountain that birds and squirrels drink from. If it’s too deep they drown in it. My experience too as they tried to get water from my rain catcher. So do you not have these issues. Also was wondering how you made this.

5. Cherie

November 4th, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Where would I find instructions for making this serene gazing pool. Thanks! Cherie

6. Rochelle

November 5th, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Hi Cherie – unfortuantely, i don’t have that to offer at the moment….

7. Carol Berwick

November 3rd, 2018 at 7:28 am

I’d also like to know how to make this water feature