Spring has sprung and thought quite a bit snow remains here in Massachusetts, I got some pruning in yesterday. Are you in the garden yet? There is so much to do – I even have some green things – albeit weeds – but it is encouraging. I managed to scratch my cornea with the tip of a hydrangea stem (which is making things quite blurry still — though at this point I am unsure which is worse – the scratches or the antibiotic ointment). Makes me think I need to wear safety glasses – but I really don’t want to – unless I can find some that are really cute (and by cute I do not mean patronizingly pink and purple versions of lumberjack glasses – I mean cute – like I could forget to take them off when I run to the store and not look like I just stepped out of the bio lab or like someone who is inclined to have a chainsaw lying about in the car). I’ve found nothing….if you know of any – send them my way. Until then – I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend with some of these lovely links.
- I really, really, really, want to take this course. If you are interested you can too.
- Cool Creative Dingbats.
- Last year was catastrophic for Monarchs. Help turn things around!. (It isn’t hard, you can make an impact)
- Sonic Design – A discussion of harmony in the garden.
- I can’t wait for the latest – and I pretty much agree with this ranking.
- I love the whole series…but this is especially sweet.
- I love beer and I am definitely curious.
In other news — this quote got cut from my book this week due to copyright details — “Rule number one: Always stick around for one more drink. That’s when things happen. That’s when you find out everything you want to know.” ― John Berendt, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (Damn, I love this quote – too bad it couldn’t stay in the section where we talk about outdoor bar carts…)