8/15/2009

A Garden Restaurant?

I love eating outdoors and professionally, hospitality gardens are kinda my thing….but I am not sure what to think of this one….

I love that Casa la Femme in NYC has created a garden space for their restaurant and I find the design enticing….seems like a beautiful space to gather with friends for Egyptian food…. but here is the kicker…it is actually indoors, so the real grass floor never sees the light of day….hmmmm…  what do you think?

casa la femme nyc indoor garden restaurant

found via coco+kelly

1. City Chic - Jamie

August 15th, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I would eat there, looks lovely!

2. eri

August 15th, 2009 at 6:12 pm

it looks gorgeous, but all i can think about is the nice pair of heels i will inevitably be wearing getting stuck in the turf. hate that. otherwise very pretty.

3. casapinka

August 15th, 2009 at 11:14 pm

I think it’s cool!

4. Sheila H

August 16th, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Personally, I don’t like it. While it is romantic, it’s just fake. I love eating outdoors – the noise levels are so much quieter than indoors. If you’re going to do a garden restaurant, do it outside! Nothing beats fresh air and beautiful skies! I love going to a restaurant that is surrounded with beautiful flowers and a menu that incorporates fresh produce and herbs from local farmers. Here in Minnesota, our summers are so short that I try to eat outside as much as possible.

5. Sprout

August 16th, 2009 at 9:21 pm

I would have preferred this if it was actually outdoors. But since it’s indoors, I’d take layers of oriental rugs on the floor and flowers on the tables instead!

6. Carol

October 3rd, 2009 at 6:14 am

Rochelle I would agree with Shelia and Sprout… the lighting is interesting … Frankly I wonder how they keep the grass alive? I am not big on artificial environments I guess. Certainly it is unusual. Carol