1/06/2010

Daily Garden: The Bubble Garden

Bubble Themed garden pool bubble lights
Though I generally don’t do theme’s, this is appealing to me. The repeated use of spheres in the lights and in the pool decor is interesting, and even without all the floaties, the lights could stand alone. Has anyone seen these anywhere? I am not sure who makes these fixtures. Perhaps they are not a permanent thing and simply paper lanterns stacked?  Either way this looks like a party I would like to attend wouldn’t you?

1. Delphine

January 7th, 2010 at 9:33 am

Hi Rochelle !!

It reminds me a project made by Deborah Silver consisting in votive-lit lanterns skimming the surface of o pool.
    Here—-> http://www.deborahsilver.com/blog/?p=4283

Happy New Year and thank you for you wonderful blog, its a perpetual source of inspiration !

2. Joseph Hillenmeyer

January 7th, 2010 at 12:10 pm

It’s hard to say. I have strung paper lanterns together like this and hung them out of big pin oaks for a party i did at my offices. It worked fantastically. I have really enjoyed following your posts. if you’d like go to jhillenmeyer.com and there is a link for my blog. Let me know what you think.
    jh

3. scott

January 12th, 2010 at 11:27 am

Hi
    its from Martha Stewart. I first saw it on Apartment Therapy this past summer. Here is a link to Martha’s.
    enjoy
    scott.

4. scott

January 12th, 2010 at 11:29 am

Should have put this with my first comment, but there is a “how to” and a few others that can be diy-ed as well.

5. dana

January 12th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Hi Rochelle
    I saw the globes + pool on land8lounge…. here
    i love this project!!

kissfromitaly
    Dana

January 12th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

thanks Dana — I couldn’t remember where I got this pic…I always like to give credit where credit is due!!